Drone & Model Aircraft Insurance
We understand how important it is to our Members that they are sufficiently covered for every situation whilst flying. To give you peace of mind every Member is covered under the DCC Master Policies for:
- £12 million Public Liability Cover
Limit of Indemnity: £12,000,000 (£12 million) in any one occurrence.
Indemnity is provided in respect of claims made against any DCC Member for Compensation, including Costs and Expenses incurred (with consent), as a result of accidental Bodily Injury, accidental Property Damage; or obstruction, loss of amenities, trespass, nuisance or interference with any right of way, light, air or water: caused by an event, during participation in an Insured Activity, neither expected nor intended by the Member.
- £10,000 PERSONAL ACCIDENT COVER
Standard Capital Benefit: £10,000
If, during the membership period, a DCC Member suffers an accidental Bodily Injury whilst engaged in an Insured Activity and such activity is the sole, direct and independent cause of the injury, which occasions disablement and or medical treatment within 12 calendar months of the accident, then we shall pay the benefits, up to £10,000, as stated in the Summary of Insurance.
Enhanced Personal Accident Insurance of £50,000 may be purchased in conjunction with any DCC Standard Membership for an additional £9.95.
- Optional Accidental Damage, Loss & Theft Cover up to £2,500
Members can choose to add Accidental Damage, Loss and Theft insurance to their membership; covering Drones, Model Aircraft and Associated Equipment with a combined replacement value of up to £2,500.
For more information and full terms & conditions please visit the Accidental Damage Cover page
- Free Personal Accident and Injury Solicitors Service
As well as great insurance benefits we also offer members peace mind with our network of legal experts offering 'No Win, No Fee' and discounted services to DCC members.
We ask all members to read the Terms & Conditions below and the Drone Cover Club Summary of Insurance document to ensure that the Insurance Benefits afforded by DCC membership are suitable for their needs. For full terms and conditions of current policies please download our Public Liability & Personal Accident Master Policy Wording document.
All Insured benefits are underwritten by carefully selected specialist and leading UK Insurers in the Lloyds and London market, all of whom are fully UK Authorised and FCA regulated.
Details and offers are as per the Schedule of Membership and the current Master Policies in force at the time of claim and are subject to full payment of Membership fees. DCC reserves the right to add, amend or withdraw Membership benefits at any time. Drone Cover Club is a wholly owned division of Country Cover Ltd.
Need cover today or tomorrow? No problem! Our fully automated online system makes joining DCC quick and simple. As soon as payment has been processed your Evidence of Insurance Certificate is available for immediate download! Choose from a range of membership terms and a start date to suit you.Buy Membership Renew Membership
Terms & Conditions
As with all insurances it is expected that Members use common sense, fly safely and take all reasonable precautions to avoid causing damage to other persons or property. By purchasing membership Members agree that they have read and will abide by the following terms and conditions:
- All model aircraft are to be operated in accordance with the Drone Code and CAA Regulations & Guidance.
- Member Pilot to have successfully completed the relevant DCC Drone Safety Certificate.
- Line of Sight Flying only; Model aircraft to remain in sight at all times and not to be flown higher than 400ft.*
- Model aircraft to be kept away from Aircraft, Helicopters, Controlled Airspace, Airports, Aerodromes, HIRTA’s and Danger, Prohibited & Restricted Areas.
- Model aircraft fitted with cameras must not be flown within 50 metres of people, vehicles, buildings, structures or animals or over congested areas or large gatherings such as concerts or sports events.
- Excludes Drones and Remote Controlled Model Aircraft larger than 7kg (plus fuel) in weight.
- Model aircraft piloted by a 3rd party are not covered for any losses, howsoever arising.
- Model aircraft flown commercially are not covered for any losses, howsoever arising.
* Members may use First Person View (FPV) only in accordance with the CAA General Exemption E4457 , and where both the pilot and the designated 'competent observer' are members of DCC and have successfully completed the relevant DCC Drone Safety Certificate.
Travel to and from any activity. Any activity where appropriate permissions have not been granted by the land owner or relevant authority. Any activity carried out in a professional capacity. Any activity carried out illegally.
These terms and conditions may be may be added to or amended at any time at DCC's discretion.
Drone Safety Certificates
To ensure members have a suitable understanding of drone safety, guidelines and legislation Drone Cover Club have teamed up with training experts The Aerial Academy to provide free online Drone Safety certificates.
We require all members to complete the relevant Drone Safety Certificate before insurance benefits become valid. Public Liability and Personal Accident insurances are valid for all Drone Cover Club members who have successfully completed the DCC Basic Drone Safety Certificate. All members adding the optional Accidental Damage cover to their membership must successfully complete the DCC Advanced Drone Safety Certificate to validate the insurance.
Both DCC Safety Certificates are provided to members, free of charge, via an online link and password supplied to the member immediately after signing up. The link can be found in the DCC welcome email or accessed from within DCC Member Area. Once the test has been successfully completed DCC aims to confirm the validity of cover within 1 working day and pass information will be recorded in the DCC Member Area.
Where a Member has a prior qualification, provided by a CAA recognised NQE and demonstrating equal or greater subject knowledge (e.g. PfCO), proof of qualification must be received and accepted in writing by the DCC administration team to validate insurance benefits.
Build a Membership package tailored to your needs with our range of Optional Insurance Benefits including EU and Worldwide Travel Extensions, Enhanced £50,000 Personal Accident Insurance and Loss of Income Insurance. Our Optional Insurance Benefits can be added to the purchase of any new DCC membership or renewal.
OPTIONAL INSURANCES MEMBER BENEFITS