Country Cover Limited, trading as Drone Cover Club, is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Any information that we collect from you during your use of this website or any of our services will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
- personal information (including name and date of birth)
- contact information (including your home address and email)
- technical information (including IP address, browser, operating system and marketing information)
- other information relevant to the services that we provide to you
We collect and process this information in order to provide services to you and to our other users and Members, and to understand how our services are used and improve upon them.
In particular we will:
- Perform internal record keeping
- Analyse the information to help us understand our users and Members
- Process the information in order to provide services requested by you
- We may contact you by letter, telephone, email or SMS text message in matters relating to your membership.
- We may send you emails and/or SMS text messages about our services, new benefits or other information which we think you may find interesting, unless you instruct us not to do so by unchecking the 'Subscribe to Newsletter' checkbox in your Member Area.
Data is collected when:
- The on-line Membership Application Form is completed and submitted by proceeding to one of the payment options, including membership applications made via Syndicate and Trade Associate accounts.
- A membership application is made by telephone, email, post or any other means.
- A member updates their contact information within the Member Area, by email, telephone or other means.
- A member completes and submits a form on the website to be contacted by one of the DCC Insurance Partners e.g. Vetsure.
- The Syndicate Registration Form is completed and submitted or an application for Syndicate membership is made by other means.
- The Trade Registration Form is completed and submitted or an application to become a Trade Associate is made by other means.
- A new benefit listing is added to a Trade Associate account.
Data may be collected when:
- A member renews their membership.
- A Member communicates by email, telephone or other means any information which is relevant to the services that we provide e.g. proof of qualification or a claims notification.
Data is deleted when:
- An on-line application for membership is cancelled part way through.
- A Member requests to annoymise their membership record. Such requests should be made in writing and not before 1 year after the expiry date of the most recent membership period. Once a membership record has been annoymised no subsequent claims can be made under the DCC Master Policies.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to any third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. When necessary we may share your information with third parties to provide services you require e.g. to process a claim.
We may use your personal information to send you information about third parties which we think you may find interesting unless you instruct us not to do so.
This website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.Your rights
You have certain rights under the Data Protection Act 1998. We have given a summary of some of these rights and how to exercise them below, but if you want more detailed information, we suggest you visit the website of the The Information Commissioner's Office.
- You have a right to request details of information which we hold about you. Exercising your right may incur a small fee depending on the nature of the request. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us in writing.
- You have a right to ensure that the information we hold about you is correct and complete. If you believe that any of the information we hold is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us and we will work with you to update the information promptly.
- You have a right to request that information we hold about you is deleted / annoymised. If you would like personal information held about you deleted and your membership record annoymised please contact us in writing.
- If you are concerned about how your information has been handled you have a right to complain to the The Information Commissioner's Office.
The lawful basis for processing data is 'Consent: the individual has given clear consent for you to process their personal data for a specific purpose'. The data controller responsible for the information collected by Country Cover Limited is J J Parks Young. Our data protection registration number is Z2000817.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
The table below explains the cookies we use and why.
|These cookies are set when a Trade Associate, Syndicate or Member successfully logs into the DCC website, and are necessary to provide secure access to the private areas of the website. They are deleted six hours after they are created.|
|Marketing||marketing_origin||This cookie is sometimes set as a result of your arriving to our website using a link contained within an advert we have placed online. We use it to track how successful our marketing campaigns have been by connecting purchases to an advertising campaign. It is deleted 366 days after it is created. It does not uniquely identify you.|
If you would like to clear any cookies that have been set by our website, please click here.