Accidental Damage, Loss & Theft
Drone Cover Club is pleased to provide Members with optional Accidental Damage, Loss & Theft insurance for drones, model aircraft and auxiliary equipment:
"Cover is provided for Multirotor and Fixed Wing Remote Controlled Model Aircraft, Payloads and Ground Equipment with a combined replacement value, as new, of up to £2,500."
- Accidental Damage & Loss
Insurance covers Accidental Damage & Loss whilst in flight (including flyaways) and whilst being stored or transported. Gradual wear tear & depreciation is excluded. The member will be under obligation to prove the damage or loss and that the aircraft was indeed that which was specified to DCC.
Insurance covers Theft subject to evidence of forcible and violent entry or exit to property housing the equipment, excluding theft from a vehicle overnight unless the vehicle is contained in a locked building and excluding theft whilst equipment is left unattended in the open.
Accidental Damage, Loss & Theft insurances are valid across the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland. Travel Extensions do not apply.
Tailor your membership by choosing from one of our 3 cover levels:
- Silver - Value up to £750 - +£129.95
- Gold - Value up to £1,500 - +£209.95
- Platinum - Value up to £2,500 - +£319.95
Public liability insurance is important to protect yourself against injuries or damage you may accidentally cause to other people or their property but does not cover your drone or personal equipment. Purchase any standard DCC membership and add Accidental Damage, Loss & Theft for the complete insurance package.
Terms & Conditions
Members opting to add Silver, Gold or Platinum extensions to their membership will be required to abide by the following Terms & Conditions in addition to the standard DCC Terms & Conditions.
- Members must successfully complete the DCC Advanced Drone Safety test.
- Members will provide DCC with a full description of the Drone/Aircraft being insured, including make, model, serial number and value as new, as well as details of any payload or ground equipment being covered.
- In the event of a claim the Member will be under obligation to prove the damage or loss and that the aircraft was indeed that which was specified to DCC.
- Where equipment specifications allow, the drone controller must be connected to the manufacture's app which provides and maintains flight logs, including the aircraft's current and preceeding locations and all flight data. Not being able to provide this data may invalidate your claim.
- Mobile Phones, Tablet, separate Cameras and other auxillary items not used exclusively for the operation of the drone cannot be included in the list of insured items. If you would like to check whether an item can be included prior to joining please contact us.
- Where muiltiple items are insured the total new replacement value of all items cannot exceed the cover level selected.
These terms & conditions may be may be added to or amended at any time at DCC's discretion.
All Insured benefits are underwritten by carefully selected specialist and leading UK Insurers in the Lloyds and London market, all of whom are fully UK Authorised and FCA regulated. Please read the DCC Summary of Insurance or, for full terms and conditions of current policies please download the Public Liability & Personal Accident Policy Wording.
Details and Benefits are as per the Schedule Of Membership benefits and offers and the current Master Policies in force at the time of claim and are subject to full payment of Membership fees. DCC reserves the right to add to, amend or withdraw Membership benefits and cover at any time. Drone Cover Club is a wholly owned division of Country Cover Ltd.